Because what’s Christmas without a fancy fresh cocktail?
The holiday season is right around the corner! That means it’s time to start solidifying some important plans. Namely; the drink list.
You’ve got your eggnog, hot chocolate, and mulled cider. But if you really want to impress this season you need a beautiful and festive cocktail on your menu.
And I’ve got just the one for you!
The Grinch’s Sour Green Apple Cocktail is most similar to a Martini since the main ingredient is Vodka. But, there’s so much going on I don’t want to just slap that label on it.
The recipe was inspired in-part by, of course, the quintessential bright green color as well as a chocolate bark I tried last time I was in San Diego. The bark was white chocolate but filled with crystalized citrus juice, like pop-rocks but super sour. And it was delicious.
Of course, I’ll probably never stumble over the chocolate store again, with my luck, but I will update you all if I do.
Filled with these fresh ideas I made my way to the store to see what I can find.
Tips and Tricks
- Adding a green sprinkle rim to your cocktail glass adds an extra dose of festiveness and a bit more sweetness
- Best served immediately, this is not a cocktail suited for a pitcher
- Stick to the recipe. Trust me, I know you’ll think Schnapps could work better – it can’t. Using Schanpps actually causes the white chocolate liqueur to separate, and that’s not pretty.
- 1.5 oz Creamy Vanilla flavored Almond Breeze (you could use milk here, if you prefer)
- 1 oz Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur (Store this in the fridge, regardless of what the package says)
- 1 oz Smrinoff Green Apple Vodka
- 1.5 oz Smirnoff Sour Green Apple Vodka
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
Mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and serve immediately.